[vtkusers] Re: vtkusers Digest, Vol 19, Issue 9

David Dupuis ddupuis1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:06:53 EST 2005

OnezerO wrote:

> Hello, i'm send this post again because i think that i dont explain my
> problem very well... I have a series of images that represents a 3d
> figure, this images was preprocesing with itk i'm receiving it with a
> Importer from vtk, i pass the data throught a Contourfilter and then
> by a SmoothFilter, the resulting 3d images has openings upside and
> downside, i wanna close this holes... how i do it???

> Regards

Hi OnezerO,

Try adding a slice at the beginning and at the end of your stack in
which all the pixels have the color of the background (usually black
or white). I used the vtkContourFilter in the past and I was having
the same problem when I wasn't putting these 2 extra slices. I think
the vtkContourFilter function is looking for a gradient in order to
generate the contour, so if you don't have any gradient on the
top/bottom of your shape, you will have an open face. This can also
happen on the sides of your shape if there is no background around
your shape. For this reason, make sure you have some background all
around your structure in order to avoid open faces using the
contourfilter.

Regards,

David

--