[vtkusers] Question reg. vtkLandmarkTransform

Hendrik Belitz h.belitz at fz-juelich.de
Tue Nov 8 11:50:21 EST 2005

Deae members of the VTK community,

currently I'm trying to align two point clouds using vtkLandmarkTransform.
This works very good, despite two things:
1.) There is no documentation for VTK_LANDMARK_AFFINE, so I have no clue what
this is doing. I assume that shearing is included in the transformation, but
I'm not sure about it. Does anybody of you know something about this?
2.) The isotropic scaling done by vtkLandmarkTransform in all cases gives me
some bad results for distinct point clouds. Using anisotropic scaling could
solve the problem. Is there any way to do this in VTK?

Regards
 Hendrik

Dipl.-Inform. Hendrik Belitz
Central Institute of Electronics / Zentralinstitut für Elektronik
 Multimodal image processing workgroup / AG Multimodale Bildverarbeitung
Research Center Juelich / Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
D-52428 Jülich, Germany
Tel.: (++49)2461 61 8701 Fax: (++49)2461 61 3990
email: h.belitz at fz-juelich.de
ggp-key available via http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de