[vtkusers] Mapping multiple textures onto a single plane

"Mönch, Tobias" Tobias.Moench at Medizin.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Wed Nov 2 10:13:25 EST 2005

Hi vtk'ers,

At the moment I'm trying to map textures onto a plane. For one single texture-image I'm just using a combination of vtkTexture and vtkPlaneSource.

This is so far no problem. But what I finally want, is to map several texture onto one single plane to receive "one huge" texture.

I thought about creating lots of small planes to receive a result that looks like one huge textured plane, but I believe the single-plane-version would be faster for possible operations due to interaction.

So, does anybody have some experiences with that and could give me some tips? At the moment I just don't see the solution...

Thanks,

Tobias