[vtkusers] Applying different transfer functions to even/odd slices

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Tue May 31 10:12:33 EDT 2005

Hello Rita,

Currently VTK supports only one set of transfer functions per component of
your volume, and only supports multiple volumes that do not overlap. If you
use the vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper which supports multiple
components, you could break your odd and even slices out into separate
components (using twice the memory though - you would need to insert
"blank" slices in each component in between the "real" slices) and give
each a separate transfer function.

Lisa