[vtkusers] help to build vtk.jar

David Marshburn marshbur at cs.unc.edu
Thu May 26 10:49:43 EDT 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005 vtkusers-request at vtk.org wrote:

> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:14:27 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Mona Wong-Barnum <mona at ncmir.ucsd.edu>
> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] help to build vtk.jar
> To: vtkusers at vtk.org
>
> > Can some body help me with building vtk classes to vtk.jar.
>
> 	Please post this for the rest of us if you get it (:

from a command line:
(in ...\VTK\bin\java\vtk)
	javac *.java
(in ...\VTK\bin\java)
	jar cvf vtk.jar vtk

seems this got left out of the build procedure that was distributed for
some version(s), probably at least 4.4.  (consider this, at best, a vague
rumor about versions for which the java-building steps aren't complete.
the steps above will serve to create vtk.jar, regardless.)

-david