[vtkusers] question about vtkImageAppend

Jin Bei hijinbei at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 17:46:28 EDT 2005

Hi,
   I got a problem about vtkImageAppend, I try to read out a list of images
from png files, then pile them up into a volume by vtkImageAppend, but
after Update, the output of vtkImageAppend's dimension is right(512, 512,
246), but all the volume votex scalar is still be 0???? By the way, the
reader's Output is right. The code is as below, any one know why? Thank
you!
   for(i=0; i<246; i++)
   {
	 sprintf(filename, "Axial+%03d.00-000.png", i);
	 printf("get %s\n", filename);
	 reader->SetFileName(filename);
	 reader->Update();
         imageappend->AddInput(reader->GetOutput());
   }
   imageappend->SetAppendAxis(2);
   imageappend->UpdateWholeExtent();
   imageappend->Update();

   imageappend->GetOutput()->GetScalarRange(maxmin);
   printf("maxmin: %f, %f\n", maxmin[0], maxmin[1]);   ----> the result is
0, 0

Bei