[vtkusers] unicode character in vtkTextMapper

Noecker, Angela M. noeckera at ccf.org
Wed May 25 15:40:10 EDT 2005

I want to show a micro symbol in a text annotation in a VTK window.
When I try using a unicode callout \u00B5 it shows up as the micro
symbol preceded by an A hat (don't know the real name).  It seems that
when I use the 16 bit unicode callout it's being translated to UTF-8
encoding which would be C2 B5.  Then it seems to be translated to
another encoding (to 8 bit?) and the 00C2 symbol shows up as the A hat
and the B5 shows up as the micro.

The same symbol shows up fine in all the Tcl windows.

Can anyone help me solve my problem?  The fact that I see the symbol I
want makes me feel hopeful that it's possible but how do I communicate
the information to the VTK window?

Thanks in advance.

Angela
Angela M. Noecker
Research Engineer
Lerner Research Institute
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
216 445-3285

Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,  please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.  Thank you.