[vtkusers] Expected release of the VTK version currently under development

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Wed May 25 08:52:28 EDT 2005

 From the VTK Wiki
(http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ#What_is_the_release_schedule_for_VTK):
(This section was updated earlier this month.)

What is the release schedule for VTK

VTK has a formal release every eight to sixteen months. VTK 4.0 was cut in
December of 2001 and released in March 2002. VTK 4.2 was releaseed in
February of 2003. VTK 4.4 (which is an interim release) was released at the
end of 2003. The next version of VTK 5.0 will probably be released in early
2005. It now looks like 5.0 should be branched in early June 2005 and
released shortly after that.

- Amy