[vtkusers] VTK TCL/C++ Communication

Andrew Wilford andrew at artwork.com
Wed May 25 00:11:57 EDT 2005

I am porting a VTK C++ app from Windows to UNIX/Linux and using Tk on those
platforms as the GUI. I want to minimize the number of VTK objects created
in TCL, to keep the port as simple as possible. While using
vtkTkRenderWidget, I have been able to manipulate the render window in C++
using vtkTclGetPointerFromObject. However, I am having difficulty
understanding its cousin vtkTclGetObjectFromPointer. Can I use this function
to manipulate a C++ pointer in TCL? What is the best way to get
vtkTkRenderWidget in TCL to work with an existing render window in C++?

Thanks,
Andrew Wilford