[vtkusers] Lights.... again

James C Robinson j.robinson at kepler-systems.com
Fri May 6 06:38:54 EDT 2005

Dear All,

I have a relatively urgent request for ideas/information in regard the
behaviour of the lights. I posted a request a month ago about the behaviour
of the lights when copying or printin, to which I got no response except a
confirmation of experience of similar behaviour. My request for help on that
still stands (it would be nice to hear comment from a VTK person).

In the meantime I have come across a more worrying behaviour. That is that,
when I launch a help file (style F1) from within my VTK application it has
an effect on the lights - it turns some of them off (as in it behaves as if
I toggle my lights on and off - which at the moment doesn't behave correctly
because it leaves the  image looking dull - similar to the copied or printed
image). Even more strangely, when I try to toggle between my application and
the help I get a strange blue screen instead of my application (which only
stays momentarily)..?

Please advise....

James C Robinson,

*    42 Rivergrove,