[vtkusers] Extracting data from vtkPolyDataMapper object

Jamie Warnke jmw46 at dana.ucc.nau.edu
Mon Mar 28 18:12:18 EST 2005

Hi all,
 I have just started using vtk and I am trying to extract data from a
vtkPolyDataMapper object.  I am trying to calculate the point connections
and normals of a data set using vtk in parallel, and then pass the vertices,
connections, and normals to an external visualizer via a file.  The point is
to have a heavy back end on a server for the calculations and a simple light
front end to reduce the amount of work on the local computer.  I am using
the newest version of vtk, and I can't figure out how to get any of the data
written to a file.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Jamie