[vtkusers] wxPython 2.5.4.1 & wxVTKRWI

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 04:39:49 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:20:40 +0100, andrea_gavana at tin.it
<andrea_gavana at tin.it> wrote:
>    I have built VTK from CVS (I am interested in Python Wrappers for wx)
> and I have downloaded wxPython 2.5.4.1. Interestingly, the demo for wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor
> does not work anymore. The Frame is created without problems (but with the
>
> These are my settings:
>
> - Win XP (But the same is on 2000)
> - Python 2.3.4
> - wxPython 2.5.4.1
> - VTK from CVS (I built it 1 months ago, more or less, with nmake)
>
> Does anyone have experienced similar problems with the new wxPython release?
> Do you think I have to rebuild VTK? If not, does anyone have some suggestions/pointers?

I would recommend using wxPython 2.4.2.4.  wxPython 2.5.x is a
development version and thus a moving target for the
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor... when wxPython has stabilised to 2.6.x,
wxVTKRWI will support that as well.

Of course, if you manage to fix wxVTKRWI in such a way that it works
on wxPython 2.4 AND 2.5, your patches will be much appreciated!