[vtkusers] wxPython 2.5.4.1 & wxVTKRWI

andrea_gavana at tin.it andrea_gavana at tin.it
Fri Mar 18 15:20:40 EST 2005

Hello NG,

   I have built VTK from CVS (I am interested in Python Wrappers for wx)
and I have downloaded wxPython 2.5.4.1. Interestingly, the demo for wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor
does not work anymore. The Frame is created without problems (but with the
never-ending issue that you have to resize the frame in order to see the
Cone, because initially is VERY small - like 20x20 pixels), but the mouse
events does not work. I can not Pan/Zoom/Rotate whatever combination of
mouse buttons/Ctrl-Shift keys I do.

These are my settings:

- Win XP (But the same is on 2000)
- Python 2.3.4
- wxPython 2.5.4.1
- VTK from CVS (I built it 1 months ago, more or less, with nmake)

Does anyone have experienced similar problems with the new wxPython release?
Do you think I have to rebuild VTK? If not, does anyone have some suggestions/pointers?

Thank you a lot.

Andrea.