[vtkusers] Problems compiling CVS QT-VTK source code

Michel-Alexandre Cardin ma.cardin at swri.ca
Tue Mar 15 15:43:32 EST 2005

Hi,

I am having problems compiling the code provided by the author "clinton" in
the "[VTK] / GUISupport / Qt / vtkEventQtSlotConnect.cxx" file of the CVS
repository. Here is the message that I get:

--------------------Configuration: QVTK - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
vtkEventQtSlotConnect.cxx
C:\VTK\GUISupport\qt\vtkEventQtSlotConnect.cxx(43) : error C2440:
'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'class vtkObject *' to 'class
vtkQtConnection *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
C:\VTK\GUISupport\qt\vtkEventQtSlotConnect.cxx(43) : error C2440: 'return' :
cannot convert from 'class vtkQtConnection *' to 'class vtkObject *'
        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
Error executing cl.exe.

ALL_BUILD - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Can someone help me with this or provide me the author's email address so I
can communicate directly with him?

Thanks,

MA

Michel-Alexandre Cardin, BSc, MASc