[vtkusers] installing VTK on XP

Rohan Hughes frostillicusetcetera at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 14 06:38:10 EST 2005

i have extracted the source code .zip file i downloaded from www.vtk.org to
c:\vtk
i open cmakesetup and put c:\vtk in the source code box, and c:\vtk\bin in
the binaries box. I get the following error message regardless of what build
for option i select

Cmake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Visual Studio
....." CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.

how do i fix this.

i also tried to use the precompiled windows binary also from the website,
but it doesn't seem to have all the folders as suggested byt the VTK User's
Guide.

Basically I need to know how to install it, simply, either compiling or not,
with everything there.

Thanks
Rohan