[vtkusers] Please advise on how to learn VTK programming in C++

Doug Henry brilligent at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 08:51:46 EST 2005

I'm rather new to vtk, so a few grains of salt may be in order, but I
have found the vtk users guide to be a pretty good book.  The
visualization toolkit approach book is written in the style of a book
you would have for a college graphics course.  The users guide is the
learn by short example style with some library reference info thrown
in.

As far as the C++ crash course your looking for, I'm not sure you
would get that from either book.  Many of the examples are in Tcl
(which translates easily to the C++ API), but programming "C++ style"
is not a focus.  With that said, if your looking to buy another book I
would look to the users guide first.