[vtkusers] Please advise on how to learn VTK programming in C++

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 14:49:41 EST 2005

Hi there,

I am new to VTK and have spent a while learning it.
The problem I have is that there isn't much of
resources on learning VTK programming, especially in
the OOP and C++ way. I have the book " Visualization
toolkit : an object-oriented approach to 3D graphics"
but the 1996 version. It doesnot contain anything on
really how to write a good C++ code using VTK, for
example, there is not any example showing how to
create your own class with VTK. In my opinion, it is
still the C way, not the C++ style, although the code
is indeed written in C++.

Also, I would like to have more coverage on animations
and integration with other libraries such QT.

Could anybody please point me to some direction? I
really appreciate that.
Thanks
Shi