[vtkusers] Integration of VTK with existing OpenGL application

Shachar Arieli shachara at visionsense.com
Tue Mar 8 05:36:12 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am a new VTK user. I would like to use the VTK to overlay a medical
volume over a live video image.

The software to render the video image is using OpenGL on a Win32
platform. I would like to continue rendering the video image using the
current software, and just add a VTK pipeline to run in parallel (with
some form of synchronization) to do the volume rendering.

Is this possible? The video image is stereoscopic, and uses double
buffering for rendering.

I tried to implement this and managed to get the VTK pipeline to render
in my application, but then the live image is frozen.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shachar