[vtkusers] data for 3D surface

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Thu Jun 30 15:21:17 EDT 2005

Hi Doug

I'd convert your data into x,y,z then run it through vtkDelaunay2D (which just uses x and y for the triangulation). This will give you a triangulated mesh as vtkPolyData output. The points do not need to be regular.

If you want a regular grid you could convert the z values to scalars with vtkElevation filter and resample with vtkShepardMethod. I did this a long, long time ago but could probably dig out some demo code if you want it.

HTH
Malcolm Drummond
GeoVision cc