[vtkusers] Re: [Insight-users] logarithmic intensity transformation

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 28 14:06:02 EDT 2005

Hi Jakub,

I took a look on  your filter. However, I think there was a misunderstanding.

I don't want to perform a pixel-wise log operation on my image.

Actually, I want to perform a kind of histogram transform called histogram logarithmic to improve the contrast of my image.

So far, I performed histogram usual rescaling to transform my intensities into the interval 0-255. Now, I would like my distribution of gray intensities would be adjusted to improve contrast like:

f`'(x,y) = f min * (fmax / fmin) * P(f(x,y)) where P is the cumulated histogram.

So adaptor will not help me, because this is an overall transform of the image. Maybe I have to create my own filter but how can I access the matrice of my pixel data form my image?

thanks,

Isabelle

Jakub Bican <jakub.bican at matfyz.cz> a écrit :

Hi Isabelle,

logarithmic scaling can be done by these filters:

LogImageFilter (
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1LogImageFilter.html )
Log10ImageFilter (
http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Log10ImageFilter.html )