[vtkusers] [Insight-users] logarithmic intensity transformation

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 28 11:28:55 EDT 2005

Hi Luis,

In one of your numerous posted replies, you already mentioned the use of logarithmic scaling to improve visualisation of images.

"It is not rare to use a logarithmic intensity transformation in order to display the FFT output and still be able to "see" something."
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2004-November/011201.html

This is actually what I need to do to improve the quality of my ultrasonographic image.

--> Could you tell me a way to perform this logarithmic scaling? Is there already a function for that, or maybe could I compute my own one if you tell me how to get access of the pixel data of my image displayed with ITK and VTK.

Thanks for answer,

Isabelle