[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice and vtkImageMapper(section display)

liuy liuyang at fimmu.com
Mon Jun 27 10:45:15 EDT 2005

Hi to all,
  I have a serise of transect volume slice ,but I want to see arbitrary section.So my code as follows :

vtkImageReslice *reslice=vtkImageReslice ::New();
   reslice->SetInput (body->GetOutput());
   reslice->SetResliceAxesDirectionCosines(1,0,1,0,1,0,-1,0,1);

   reslice->InterpolateOn();
   reslice->TransformInputSamplingOn();
   reslice->AutoCropOutputOn();
   reslice->SetInterpolationModeToLinear();
   reslice->SetOutputSpacing(0.8,0.95,0.8);

  vtkImageMapper *rmapper=vtkImageMapper ::New();
   rmapper->SetInput(reslice->GetOutput());
   rmapper->SetZSlice(90);
   rmapper->SetColorWindow(2000);
      rmapper->SetColorLevel(1000);
   vtkActor2D *ractor=vtkActor2D :: New();
            ractor->SetMapper(rmapper);
    ren->SetViewport(0,0.2,0.5,0.8);
    ren->AddActor(ractor);

My problem is that when the ResliceAxesDirection is inlined,i can only see a part of the image,or only see the same slice.
By the way ,I want to know how to implement arbitrary shape section ,specially curved surface from volume.
  Thanks