[vtkusers] Java stereo

Christopher.Moore at noaa.gov Christopher.Moore at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 22 20:36:41 EDT 2005

I'm using vtk4.2 on RedHat9 with nvidia drivers and quadro card.

I can get CrystalEyes stereo when I run the Cone.cxx demo by adding
   renWin->StereoCapableWindowOn();
   renWin->SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes();
   renWin->StereoRenderOn();

But adding similar lines to SimpleVTK.java don't work:
     renWin.GetRenderWindow().StereoCapableWindowOn();
     renWin.GetRenderWindow().SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes();
     renWin.GetRenderWindow().StereoRenderOn();

I simply get the cone in "mono", no errors mentioned.

Anyone out there getting CrystalEyes to work in Java?

Thanks,
Chris

Christopher Moore                email: Christopher.Moore at noaa.gov
Research Scientist, Oceanography                 tel: 206.526.6779
University of Washington/JISAO/NOAA-PMEL         fax: 206.526.6744