[vtkusers] VTK on WindowsXP

Akira Bergman akirab at tpg.com.au
Wed Jun 22 19:53:45 EDT 2005

I am trying to install VTK on WindowsXP. I have Bloodshed Dev-C++ as the compiler. CmakeSetup (VTK recommended builder) does not build.

Here is the error message form Cmake;

"CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Visual Studio 6". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to select a different build tool."

In this case the "build for" field is set to "Visual Studio 6", obviously wrong. I do not know what to put in there. The offered list of the field includes Visual Studio, Borland, Nmake, Unix. I do not have these.

What is a good and cheap way to install VTK on WindowsXP?