[vtkusers] VTK or Paraview example to visualize Plot3D unformatted structured multiblock grid + solution file

Alok Mathur Alok.Mathur at technosoft.com
Wed Jun 22 09:25:08 EDT 2005

Hi,

The data files are structured 3D multi-block plot3d solution files
obtained from a CFD code. The files are being produced through a Fortran
code and I need to be able to visualize the data.

The single multi-block (binary, fortran-byte-count, no-I-blanking,
big-endian) .xyz file reads in correctly. I have multiple multi-block
plot3d solution files with 4 or 5 arrays of data (pressure, density,
mach, etc.) in each data file.

Mathieu:
How do I get the VTK 4.2+plot3dpatch version to convert the file?

I apologize for the possibly naive questions. I have been looking at VTK
only for the past few days and am not very familiar with the native
formats, or the overall graphics pipeline for visualization. However,
converting to a native format does seem to be the best approach.

Thanks again,

Best Regards,

Alok.