[vtkusers] How compile VTK on PlayStation 2 ?

Carlos Capdepon carlos.capdepon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 07:30:32 EDT 2005

Thank you, Mathieu.

But, if I don't want to use Linux, and I want to run it in native
mode? I need have Linux on playstation2 to run vtk. Or can I compile
an .elf to boot in dev mode?

First I will try to port to linux x86, later to linux PS2, and more
later, if It could be possible, to PS2 without linux.

I have done a 3D fractal in vtk to perform graphical benchmarks with
stereo support.
We want use a developing cross platform like vtk, to compare hardware
for the next generation of autostereoscopic devices, runnig in
diferent OS. Including console gaming hardware for specific and/or low
cost solutions, if it could be possible.
Xbox 360 or PS3 would have a good graphics engine.

We are reseller partners of Seereal in Spain and we are choosing a 3D
dev platform for real time 3D visualization solutions with real and cg
sources of images, and video.

This is our first approach to VTK and Kitware.

If we could port the final version of our application to Xbox and PS2
without higer changes. We could request developing licenses/kits for
the next gaming consoles.

Escuse my english. I learn it in London. ;-)

Tahnks, a lot.
Carlos Capdepón Jiménez.