[vtkusers] Re: vtkusers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 45

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Jun 17 11:03:27 EDT 2005

>Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:42:46 -0400
>From: Damion Shelton <beowulf at cs.cmu.edu>
>Subject: [vtkusers] building VTK w/QT4 under MacOS 10.4.1
>To: vtkusers at vtk.org
>
>Hello,
>
>I've been trying to build the VTK QT widget using the following
>software versions:

>VTK CVS
>CMake CVS
>QT 4.0.0 rc1 20050609 snapshot
>MacOS 10.4.1

[snip]

>Most of the QT stuff appears to build correctly, but the following
>error is generated when building the plugin itself:
>
>make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Users/beowulf/Devel/qt-mac-
>opensource-4.0.0-rc1-snapshot-20050609/lib/qtcore', needed by `bin/
>libQVTKWidgetPlugin.dylib'.  Stop.

That's because you have the Qt libraries are specified wrong.

SET (QT_LIBRARIES $ENV{QTDIR}/lib/qtcore $ENV{QTDIR}/lib/qtmain $ENV
{QTDIR}/lib/qtGUI $ENV{QTDIR}/lib/qtOpenGL winmm imm32 wsock32)

Instead of "$ENV{QTDIR}/lib/qtcore," do "$ENV{QTDIR}/lib/qtcore4.lib" with the full library name and so forth.
Or remove the paths and just do  "qtgui4 qtcore4" and use LINK_DIRECTORIES.
By the way, QtOpenGL is not required, so don't link it in, because VTK provides all the that support.

Clint