[vtkusers] merging multiple vtkStructuredGrid's?

Peter Schmitt pschmitt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:58:31 EDT 2005

Thanks for the link to MergeFilter.  I poked through it a bit earlier,
but the examples didn't seem to lead me down the right path.  I'll
give it another more thorough look tomorrow.

As far as performance is concerned, I will eventually be running all
of this on a large Linux cluster using parallel vtk + MPI  Once I get
rolling with this project, I'll try & post my results to vtkusers
sometime in late July/early August.

I have already written a small program that converts my data into the
*.pvts (vtkXMLpStructuredGrid) format using a series of printf()
statements.  I have verified that my data is okay by loading it into
Paraview.   Translating from the *.pvts printf code to code that
imports directly into vtk objects is a little confusing since I do not
understand how to implement "pieces" of structured grids directly in
vtk (ala this thread).

Thanks again,
Pete