[vtkusers] compute a geodesic distance

Lars Matthäus lars.matthaeus at web.de
Thu Jun 16 05:15:14 EDT 2005

The problem of computing a geodesic on a discrete surface is an example
of discrete differential geometry. In this field a more than active
research is going on. For people interested in results and algorithms
rather than implementations in vtk I can recommend
http://www.zib.de/geom/ , a group of mathematicians at
Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum in Berlin / Technical University Berlin, Germany,
who work at the cutting edge of this field. They have their own
visualization for those problems called JavaView (www.javaview.de) which
is absolutely worth looking at.

Lars