[vtkusers] compute a geodesic distance

Rasmus Reinhold Paulsen rrp at imm.dtu.dk
Thu Jun 16 04:34:15 EDT 2005

After some digging on the internet I have to revise my statements. It
seems that the development on geodesics are somewhat more evolved than I
believed and that Fast Marching is not necessarely "The Solution (tm)".

I also located a recent paper dealing with the subject:

"Fast Exact and Approximate Geodesics on Meshes" V. Surazhsky, T.
Surazhsky, D. Kirsanov, S. J. Gortler and H. Hoppe Proceedings of SIGGRAPH
2005

that can be downloaded here:

http://www.cs.harvard.edu/~sjg/papers.html

VTK implementation anyone?