[vtkusers] vtkKdTree linking error

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Tue Jun 14 14:54:18 EDT 2005

Hi Siarhei,

Did you rebuild VTK after you added the files for vtkKdTree and
vtkKdNode?  Did you add these two classes to the CMakeLists.txt file in
VTK/Graphics?

Also, it is entirely possible that these classes won't build in the 4.2 or
4.4 releases since they were added later.  They may depend on other code
that was added to VTK after these releases came out.  You cannot expect to
just move a couple of classes from the current VTK CVS repository into the
source tree from a previous release and expect everything to work properly.

If you want to use vtkKdTree and vtkKdNode, you should really be using VTK
from CVS until the 5.0 release comes out.

- Amy