[vtkusers] vtkKdTree linking error

Siarhei Ryshkevich sryshkev at ryerson.ca
Tue Jun 14 14:36:37 EDT 2005

I downloaded vtkKdTree.cxx(.h) and vtkKdNode.cxx(.h) from repository, since these files do not come with 4.2 or 4.4 vtk release. I copied them to Graphics directory of vtk source code.

Next, I compiled my application and I have the following linking error "HingeKDCutter.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkKdTree * __cdecl vtkKdTree::New(void)" (?New at vtkKdTree@@SAPAV1 at XZ)", which is probably caused by this line "vtkKdTree* kdTree=vtkKdTree::New(); ".

What have I done wrong?
Thank you.