[vtkusers] problem withvtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 10 10:26:40 EDT 2005

I read somewhere a call of UpdateWholeExtent on vtkImageShiftScale filter: what is this aim of this function?

Isa

Goodwin Lawlor <goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie> a écrit :
Try this before you call a Write()

renSrc->Modified();

hth

Goodwin

"Renaud Isabelle" wrote in message
news:20050609203658.51819.qmail at web26105.mail.ukl.yahoo.com...
Don't anyone have a solution? I really don't manage to solve this.

Why just this 2 lines added could change something?

Please
Isa

Renaud Isabelle a écrit :
Hi,

I read your code example and I think this could help me because this seems
to be right.

- When I display directly on screen, the image "essai.bmp" saved is the
exact copy of what is rendered on screen: here is my code where everything
is fine:

// render to memory with m_pRenderWindow as a vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.
m_pRenderWindow->Render();

vtkWindowToImageFilter* renSrc = vtkWindowToImageFilter::New();
renSrc->SetInput(m_pRenderer);
vtkBMPWriter* writer = vtkBMPWriter::New();
writer->SetInput(renSrc->GetOutput());
writer->SetFileName("essai.bmp");
writer->Write();

- However, to avoid flickering on screen, I want to render off screen by
double buffering. Here is the new code. Just is added the line

// render to memory with m_pRenderWindow as a vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.
int *size = m_pRenderWindow->GetSize();
m_pRenderWindow->SetupMemoryRendering(size[0], size[1],
GetDC() ->GetSafeHdc());
m_pRenderWindow->Render();

vtkWindowToImageFilter* renSrc = vtkWindowToImageFilter::New();
renSrc->SetInput(m_pRenderer);
vtkBMPWriter* writer = vtkBMPWriter::New();
writer->SetInput(renSrc->GetOutput());
writer->SetFileName("essai.bmp");
writer->Write();

m_pRenderWindow->ResumeScreenRendering();

Problem: The image saved in essai.bmp is white. How could this be? I really
don't understand.I check class vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow and I am stuck on
this problem for 3 days.

Please help
Isa

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ