[vtkusers] Volume mesh of an object with convexe and concave regions

syssboxx-vtk at yahoo.fr syssboxx-vtk at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 10 09:18:16 EDT 2005

Thanks Tim and Torsten,
I'll look at this.

By the way I've read some posts in which it's recommended to use powercrust and it wanted to try it but I didn't find it. It seems that sometimes it's no connection with this site.

Best regards,
Stanislava

Tim Hutton <tim.hutton at gmail.com> a écrit :
Stanislava,

You could try some form of surface reconstruction. This code is
already written for VTK which should save you time:
http://www.sq3.org.uk/powercrust

>From the image you sent it looks like it would work. However, the best
results should be obtained from your marching cubes approach since the
original image is a volume. Maybe you need to fill the contours before
running vtkMarchingCubes?

Tim

Tim Hutton - http://www.sq3.org.uk