[vtkusers] Volume mesh of an object with convexe and concave regions

Tim Hutton tim.hutton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:08:38 EDT 2005

Stanislava,

You could try some form of surface reconstruction. This code is
already written for VTK which should save you time:
http://www.sq3.org.uk/powercrust

>From the image you sent it looks like it would work. However, the best
results should be obtained from your marching cubes approach since the
original image is a volume. Maybe you need to fill the contours before
running vtkMarchingCubes?

Tim

Tim Hutton  -  http://www.sq3.org.uk