[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindow.py + Mac OS Tiger

Scott Harris scottrharris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 21:48:47 EDT 2005

I've built a recent CVS copy of VTK after fixing the enum bugs and it
works fine in Cocoa apps or python scripts, but wxVTKRenderWindow.py
appears to be broken. I get the wx window and a Coaca VTK window. The
wx window is blank and the Cocoa window shows a cone. I can make the
cone move by mousing in the blank wx window.
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor just gives me a blank window. Any ideas?
Does anyone have this working? I get this in the terminal window:

Warning: In /Users/scottharris/VTKCVS/VTK/Rendering/
vtkCocoaRenderWindow.h, line 102
vtkCocoaRenderWindow (0x7a030e0): SetNextWindowInfo not implemented
(WindowRemap not implemented).

Warning: In /Users/scottharris/VTKCVS/VTK/Rendering/
vtkCocoaRenderWindow.mm, line 625
vtkCocoaRenderWindow (0x7a030e0): Can't remap the window.

I may have accidentally installed a binary Mac OS X version of
wxPython 2.6 on top of the version of wxPython that comes with Tiger
because I didn't know it was there. I'll have to sort that out too.
I'm assuming that I can always move to the X11 version of wxPython
and VTK to make things work, but I'd like to stick with Mac OS X
wxPython.

Thanks,
-Scott Harris