[vtkusers] Multiple scalars in a vtkXML unstructured grid (*.vtu) file??

Peter Schmitt pschmitt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:35:30 EDT 2005

Hi,
I want an unstructured grid with two scalars for each point, say
Temperature and Pressure.

The documentation at [http://www.vtk.org/pdf/file-formats.pdf] has the
following blurb (note: this is the same as p. 302 of the VTK User's
Guide):

<PointData Scalars=" Temperature" Vectors=" Velocity">
<DataArray Name=" Velocity" .../>
<DataArray Name=" Temperature" .../>
<DataArray Name=" Pressure" .../>
</ PointData>

I dont understand how PointData has Scalars="Temperature", but also
appears to have Scalars="Pressure"...  I know this would be redundant,
but it makes more sens to me to have <pointData Scalars="2 different
scalars: temperature and pressure">

Any thoughts or implementation suggestions?

Thanks!
Pete