[vtkusers] AMR Volume Rendering

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Jun 9 10:51:15 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am currently developing volume mappers for VTK which support
vtkHierarchicalBoxDataSet as input (AMR volume rendering). I would like to
now solicit some assistance from the VTK / ParaView community - if you are
working with AMR data (in VTK / ParaView or in other applications) I would
appreciate hearing from you on the following items:

- what application area are you working in? (astrophysics? climate studies?
combustion? biomedical?)

- what is your data like? (scalar fields? vector fields? time varying? what
is the size? what file format?)

- what are your computing resources for visualizing this data? (desktop
system? cluster? multi-processor system?)

- what are the most important features that you need to visualize your
data? Would you use volume rendering?

- do you have some data you would be willing to share?

Since I am expecting a flood of responses from the masses of folks out
there using AMR data :-) please respond directly to me and not to the whole
list.

Thanks!

Lisa