[vtkusers] wglMakeCurrentFailed (even in sample MFC apps!)

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 16:00:06 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

While running the VTK sample MFC apps I get the dreaded wgl error:

ERROR: In .\vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, line 129
wglMakeCurrent failed in Clean(), error: 6

This is happening on a machine with an ATI firegl card that's only a
few months old. The sample apps work fine on my laptop with an ATI
mobility card that is much more ancient.

Why does this happen? I haven't found any answers in the mailing list sadly.

Thanks,
Mark