[vtkusers] How to install vtk

Doug Henry brilligent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:09:17 EDT 2005

That looks like a link error on one of the examples, so the vtk libs may be
built. You might want to try configuring (using cmake) to not build the
examples and see if you get a clean build on just the libs. I have never
tried 4.2, but I have built 4.4 using VC6 and borland free tools and it
works. You should not need any external libs, such as Qt, just to build vtk.