[vtkusers] Problems reading CT files from GE Hispeed NX

Marcio Antonio Mathias marcio_mathias at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 09:19:43 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have a set of CT images generated by the machine GE
HiSpeed NX. I tried to render a volume using
vtkDICOMImageReader but it does not worked. I got the
message as follows:

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
119
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): DICOMParser couldn't
parse : ./files/20715340.250

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
119
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): DICOMParser couldn't
parse : ./files/20815350.250

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
119
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): DICOMParser couldn't
parse : ./files/20915360.250

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
119
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): DICOMParser couldn't
parse : ./files/21015370.250

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
119
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): DICOMParser couldn't
parse : ./files/21115380.250

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
119
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): DICOMParser couldn't
parse : ./files/21215390.250

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
119
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): DICOMParser couldn't
parse : ./files/21315400.250

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
119
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): DICOMParser couldn't
parse : ./files/21415410.250

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
119
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): DICOMParser couldn't
parse : ./files/21515420.250

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
119
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): DICOMParser couldn't
parse : ./files/21615430.250

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
241
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): Couldn't get sorted
files. Slices may be in wrong order!

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\IO\vtkDICOMImageReader.cxx, line
255
vtkDICOMImageReader (06A441B8): Either a filename was
not specified or the specified directory does not
contain any DICOM images.

ERROR: In C:\work\VTK\Graphics\vtkPolyDataNormals.cxx,
line 94
vtkPolyDataNormals (06A45EA8): No data to generate
normals for!

I do not know how to verify if the slices are in wrong
order (and fix it). The pipeline is very similar to
medical1.tcl example. I am replacing only the reader
and specifying the data by its directoy name.
Thanks for any help.

Marcio.

Marcio Antonio Mathias <marcio_mathias at yahoo.com>
Registered Linux user number 248543