[vtkusers] Re: Is unstructuredGridMapper depracated?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Fri Jul 15 11:59:16 EDT 2005

Hi Laurent,

vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper is now an abstract class... you can use one
of its subclasses vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper or
vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeZSweepMapper.

hth

Goodwin

<laurent.paul at club-internet.fr> wrote in message
news:mnet6.1121441888.11463.laurent.paul at club-internet.fr...

Hi users,

I'm using a recent CVS version of Tcl wrapped-VTK.
I build a viewer in Tcl to see my volume. It works perfectly.
I'd want to clip this volume with a plane. To do, I use
vtkImplicitPlaneWidget and vtkClipVolume. The output of the clipper is an
UnstructuredGrid.
So I need a vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper. When I use it, my viewer
crashes and give me the error:
Invalid command name "vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper"
while executing "vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeMapper clippeddatamapper".
In fact, Tcl doesn't know this command, as if it was deprecated!
Can I use this mapper?
Should I use vtkDataSetMapper instead?

Thanks for your answer.

Laurent.