[vtkusers] Cannot build on Mac OS X

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jul 12 10:57:23 EDT 2005

On 2005-07-11 17:38, Chris Scharver said:

>I'll note that it took a bit of work for me to get VTK compiled on Mac
>OS X 10.4.1 with XCode 2.1 and gcc 4. I had to first patch a CMake
>2.0.6 module as mentioned in
><http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-May/079721.html>,

Others have mentioned this, but I have never had that problem.  Just
today, for another reason, I tried building VTK with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS
set to true, and then I see what you guys see:

ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol ___divdi3

but for me it seems to be a warning, not an error.

Anyway, has anyone filed a bug about this?  What's the number?

Is it just me, or is there no way to search the bug list for a keyword,
like "divdi3"?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com