[vtkusers] Cannot build on Mac OS X

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jul 11 10:59:30 EDT 2005

On 2005-07-10 02:13, Matthieu Masquelet said:

>First message here for me, I'm a new Mac user and I have only end-user
>background on Unix. I'm trying to build VTK (latest version from CV) on my
>Powerbook G4 in order to use MayaVi for my research. I think I finally got
>Cmake installed correctly but the build of VTK does not go smoothly... I do
>the ccmake configuration and I have all the options that I've read about
>(COCOA, CARBON, wrappings,...). I didn't touch anything, should I have?

Well, it should build with the default settings, but you may need to
change those settings anyway, depending on what you want to use vtk
for.  For example, volume rendering support is not on by default.

>Once
>the config is done and I want to build vtk, I get the following error
>message:
>% sudo make

You don't need 'sudo' here, but I doubt that's your problem.

>Is there a problem with my C compiler? Thanks in advance !

What version of cmake? which OS? which Xcode? which gcc?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com