[vtkusers] Multiple render windows on a single data set

Eugene Kim eugene at salk.edu
Thu Jul 7 17:10:16 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

 	I know this question has been asked and answered before, but the
best answer I could find is that this is only possible at the level
between dataset and mapper.  That is, for every new render window
representing the data, we need a copy of the entire pipeline from the
mapper up.
 	Now, we have discovered otherwise here.  We have been able to do
this between the actor and the renderer.  That is, for every new render
window we need seperate copies of the renderer and render window only.
This is contradiction to what has been previously said.  I was wondering
if I could get a more definitive answer from someone who might know more.
I would ideally like to only have one copy of the data all the way up to
the renderer, having only the render windows instantiated on their own.
Anyone have any clues/answers?

Thanks,
Eugene Kim