[vtkusers] vtkProbeFilter with element type 10 or 24

Ursula Kose ursula.kose at philips.com
Thu Jul 7 02:37:00 EDT 2005

I do have an urgent question regarding the vtkProbeFilter.

I am using vtk 4.4.2. I tried to use the vtkPobeFilter with a plane
generated with vtkPlaneSource on an unstructured grid with element type 10
resp. 24 (Tetrahedral elements). However, probing an unstructured grid with
these element types does not give the result that I expect. I can use this
filter on unstructured grids with hexahedral elements without problems.

I remember to have put this issue on the mailing list quite some time ago
and I even sent examples of my meshes and what I try to do with vtk as code
extract to someone at vtk. This someone has even confirmed that this seems
to be a serious bug of vtk but obviously nobody has taken care of removing
this bug. I really need this to work!

Kind regards,
Ursula Kose

By the way - my last name was Goette when I first mentioned this problem.