[vtkusers] how to display points and labels on 2D images

chang yuan changyuan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:38:29 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I'm new to VTK and feel lost with so large a package. Basically what I
want is to use VTK to display a 2D image and then impose cross signs
on some interest points and also the number labels around these
points. Right now it's all in 2D, not in 3D.

I've used vtkImageViewer to display an image. Then what's next? Should
I use vtkXYPlotActor to display the 2D points? How about labels?
Should I use vtkCaptionActor2D to show the numbers around points? Any
sample code or instruction is greatly appreciate.

I'm using vtk 4.2 wintel release, C++ interface.

Thanks a lot.

Best,
Chang