[vtkusers] volume vizualization with VTK

Adam Kubach adamkubach at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 6 15:05:58 EDT 2005

Currently we have a dataset that consists of 170 1024 by 1024 16 bit
grayscale tiffs ( ~350MB total ).  We would like to do volume
vizualization with this data set.  Has anyone had success (high enough
frame rate for responsive user interaction) using VTK with data sets of
this size?  The examples that I've seen so far are relatively small.

I realize that this is greatly dependent on hardware, so please include
the relevant specs of the computer.

Thanks,
Adam