[vtkusers] Re: To medical imaging community

Tommy tommy1123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 03:17:51 EDT 2005

The best way for visualizing the volume data is by vtkImagePlaneWidget, in
which you can go through any slices in any directions interactively.

aRenderer = vtkRenderer::New();
renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
renWin->AddRenderer(aRenderer);
iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
trackballStyle = vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera::New();
iren->SetInteractorStyle(trackballStyle);
iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);

reader = vtkDICOMImageReader::New();
reader->SetDirectoryName("c:\\dicom_images\\series1");

widget = vtkImagePlaneWidget::New();
widget->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
widget->DisplayTextOn();
widget->SetInteractor(iren);

iren->Initialize();
iren->Start();

But if you want to have a segmented 3D model, you can use vtkContourFilter
to extract iso-intensity surfaces.

Tommy

news:BAY12-F21F72AB354586F4B0638D5B7E70 at phx.gbl...