[vtkusers] LNK2019 in vs.net 2003

er chinn ersc01my at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 03:36:43 EDT 2005

Hello. I'm Er. i'm new in using vtk and visual
studio.net 2003 and i face some problem.Hoping to

get your help.

I tried to run a vtk project which consist of
simroot_main4.cxx, SimRoot_function4.cxx,

SimRoot_all4.cxx and a SimRoot_header4.h in visual
studio.net 2003 in window xp, i can compile it

without any problem but when tried to build the
project, it gives me error as shown below :

mySimRoot error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class

vtkPolyData * __thiscall
vtkPolyDataAlgorithm::GetOutput(void)"

(__imp_?GetOutput at vtkPolyDataAlgorithm@@QAEPAVvtkPolyData@@XZ)
referenced in function "void __cdecl

DrawRootSystem(class vtkRenderer *,class
vtkRenderWindow *,class vtkRenderWindowInteractor *)"

(?DrawRootSystem@@YAXPAVvtkRenderer@@PAVvtkRenderWindow@@PAVvtkRenderWindowInteractor@@@Z)

mySimRoot error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall

vtkPolyDataAlgorithm::SetInput(class vtkDataObject *)"

(__imp_?SetInput at vtkPolyDataAlgorithm@@QAEXPAVvtkDataObject@@@Z)
referenced in function "void

__cdecl DrawRootSystem(class vtkRenderer *,class
vtkRenderWindow *,class vtkRenderWindowInteractor

*)"
(?DrawRootSystem@@YAXPAVvtkRenderer@@PAVvtkRenderWindow@@PAVvtkRenderWindowInteractor@@@Z)

mySimRoot error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall

vtkTubeFilter::SetVaryRadiusToVaryRadiusByAbsoluteScalar(void)"

(__imp_?SetVaryRadiusToVaryRadiusByAbsoluteScalar at vtkTubeFilter@@QAEXXZ)
referenced in function

"void __cdecl DrawRootSystem(class vtkRenderer *,class
vtkRenderWindow *,class

vtkRenderWindowInteractor *)"

(?DrawRootSystem@@YAXPAVvtkRenderer@@PAVvtkRenderWindow@@PAVvtkRenderWindowInteractor@@@Z)

mySimRoot fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

for your information, i've link these libraries in
project properties linker :

Opengl32.lib glu32.lib vtktiff.lib vtkexpat.lib
vtkfreetype.lib vtkftgl.lib vtkCommon.lib

vtkFiltering.lib vtkGraphics.lib vtkHybrid.lib
vtkImaging.lib vtkIO.lib vtkpng.lib vtkjpeg.lib

vtkParallel.lib vtkRendering.lib vtkzlib.lib

i also had copied all the thing in the vtk42->bin into
system->win32. is it enough?

i'm using vtk4.2latestrelease, i didn't use
cmakesetup.exe although i've install it because i
can't

configure it successfully. if this vtk project must be
run under cmake. could you please show me

the proper way? thanks.

LNK2019 of other sender, i found that they

mostly using itk or other plattform. i also tried to
do the steps that i saw in the christ's mail

(Tue Apr 6 14:49:17 EDT 2004) about vtkcamera... and i
go to that recommended link and i tried to

include those libraries, but there is compilation
error saying that it can't find libpng.lib file?

where can i find this file?where to put it?

i also tried below steps :
project properties-> C/C++ folder-> Precompiled
Headers ->Not Using Precompiled Headers.
yet the error is still the same,why? do i need to use
intern C {} ? i'm using C++ and vtk.

hope to get your help and some recommended help link.
thank you very much.